Your comments are always welcomed.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

RICH WITCH – POOR WITCH:

CAN YOU AFFORD TO PRACTICE MAGIC?
The following email excerpt expresses a common concern of those who are just starting out: “I am very low on cash and cannot afford the proper tools … "I feel that my financial status holds me back from fulfilling my destiny of becoming a true Wiccan.”


Below are comments from just a few of the many emails we received in response to this topic:


“Regarding the cost of tools, I purchase my candles at either the dollar store or the thrift store. My athame is an old knife. My goddess figure is made of sculpy (a clay you can shape and then bake in your oven at home). My goblet is an old wine glass. My wand is made from a piece of copper pipe, a crystal my boyfriend gave me, and some pieces of fake leather, all glued together with superglue. … I doubt I have $10 invested. It doesn't really matter what you use. The fact that it is blessed and the manner with which you use it is what's important.”


“I need no wand when my index finger serves the purpose just as well. … For me, intent is the main thing and costs me nothing”


“I would say to any of your readers struggling with not having the funds to buy manufactured magick tools that I have used make-shift supplies with better success than I ever got from something made by another person. I feel that when you literally put energy into making something, that energy stays with the object.”


“Being a 'poor' witch is not just a fun challenge, but opens the mind and creativity, and that is what being a witch is all about - intent - and there is not much you need that you cannot find around you, or that cannot be substituted by something equally effective”.


“Tools can add more excitement or allure to your ritual/spell. And this could make the experience more enchanting. But the most important thing to remember - YOU are the most important tool!”


You might want to think about your magical tools the same way you think about your clothing. Putting on new designer clothes can make you FEEL better about yourself and boost your confidence as you head out into the world. The clothing you choose to wear might even help you get a new job or catch the attention of someone special. What you wear CAN actually influence the outcome of the events in your life. But does that make your clothes magical? Are you powerless to create the life you want if you don’t have expensive clothes? Yes, the right clothes can help, but it’s what’s inside that REALLY makes things happen.


If you don’t have money to buy the tools you want, make the best of what you have. Be creative and find new ways to make old things work. If you can’t buy books, check them out from a library or log on to the Internet for endless hours of reading. I believe the richest, most powerful witches in this world are not the ones with the most money or the best tools … the richest ones are those who can allow the Divine magic to flow through their lives without any tools at all!

“The true definition of magic… does not center around spells or incantations, or the mysterious waving of arms… As it is recorded in the Blue Book of our forefathers, true Magic is ‘The art and science of changing states of mind at will.’ And as we have learned by experience, action follows thought.” From The 21 Lessons of Merlyn, A study in Druid Magic & Lore by Douglas Monroe:

No comments:

Post a Comment